12 June 2012

Jewelry

processed_wm_kirsten_061212_0011

About This Photo
Aperture: f/1.4
Exposure: 1/50
Focal Length: 50mm
ISO: 200
Lens: 50mm f/1.4

When I first saw all this silver-colored jewelry sitting in a basket in our bathroom, I knew it would make a good black and white shot. And then I noticed all the story there.

My husband's wedding ring.

The necklace with my son's name stamped on it, sent to me by someone I had never met but who was moved by our story.

The St. Gerard necklace -- the one given to me by the pianist at our church after our son died.

The angel wing earrings that I bought because I knew he'd like them.

There's lots of love here.

* * *

Lessons Learned or Affirmed:

  • Black and white for emotion. Period.
  • With silver or any shiny things in a black and white photo, try boosting the contrast for a little extra drama. I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment