14 May 2012

It's all about the angle

superhero austen!

About This Photo:
Aperture: f/1.4
Exposure: 1/40
Focal Length: 50mm
ISO: 640
Lens: 50mm f/1.4

I made a joke on Facebook today about how every time Austen's bib gets turned around, I imagine her as a baby superhero, ready to rescue the world from every disaster. So you know what that meant, right? 

I had to get some pictures of it!

I put her in her little bib -- er, cape, rather -- and set to work. Most of the photos I got didn't seem that interesting -- at least not until I was lying on the floor looking up at her. Changing the perspective from which I was viewing her made for a more interesting photo. Instead of looking down or at eye level, I was looking up at her, creating some additional drama -- perfect for that wide-eyed, open-mouthed expression of hers!

And quite appropriate for a larger-than-life superbaby, don't you think?


* * *

Lessons Learned or Affirmed:
  • When in doubt, change your perspective for a fresh take. Don't be afraid to lie on the ground for a good picture! When I changed my angle, it served to add some drama to the portrait. So fun!
  • When a person is your subject, focus on the eyes for the best portrait. It just doesn't look right when the eyes are too soft or blurry.

No comments:

Post a Comment