15 May 2012

Milky smiles

processed_kirsten_051512_0004_patch

About This Photo:
Aperture: f/1.4
Exposure: 1/40
Focal Length: 50mm
ISO: 640
Lens: 50mm f/1.4

I'm afraid I may have become one of those women ... you know, the ones who fall in love with breastfeeding and can't help but gush about it and secretly hopes that every pregnant woman she sees -- whether she knows her or not -- will at least give breastfeeding a chance.

We had a rough go of it at first -- there were a lot of mama tears for the first few weeks. Nothing was wrong with her or me -- it was just about both of us learning how to do something brand new together for the first time. And when you're just getting to know each other, one of you learning to eat and deal with gravity for the very first time, things can get frustrating just as quickly you can blink.

Though we have our tough days still, it has mostly become second nature for both of us. I've fallen in love with these smiles and these moments where it's just her and I, snuggled up closely. She's not going to need me this way forever, and I know I will want to remember this.

* * *

Lessons Learned or Affirmed:

  • The composition and/or processing of a photo need not be complex or overthought to be beautiful and meaningful. Sometimes the simplest and most spontaneous photos are the best ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment