04 June 2012

When blurry is good

processed_wm_kirsten_060412_0019

About This Photo
Aperture: f/1.4
Exposure: 1/40
Focal Length: 50mm
ISO: 800
Lens: 50mm f/1.4

Since I'm playing catch-up (writing this on ... what day is it again?! ... oh, June 7!?!), I'm not going to say much about this and the next couple of photos.

About this one, I will say: I think the blurry hand works because it conveys how fast she's moving and how excited she is. The eyes are in focus, so it certainly helps make it a good photo. I guess a little baby hand can move a lot i 1/40 of a second!

* * *

Lessons Learned or Affirmed:

  • Don't throw away a picture just because there is blurriness in it. As long as the right things are in focus (e.g., the eyes in a portrait), you could still have a keeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment