06 June 2012

Move over, Anne Geddes!


can't handle the cuteness!!


About This Photo
Aperture: f/2.2
Exposure: 1/50
Focal Length: 50mm
ISO: 200
Lens: 50mm f/1.4

Sometimes, I just set the baby down and get to clicking. I click away so fast as she moves and laughs and rolls and kicks that most of the time, I don't quite have an idea of what I'm capturing. I don't know if it will be blurry or in focus, or if my focus points are set exactly where they should be. I do my best to make sure this is all ready ahead of time, of course, but the end product doesn't always reflect this.

This is not the case here.

Set the baby down, got my settings where I wanted them, and went for it. This gem came in the middle of me firing away, not pausing to look at what I was getting. If I had stopped, I would have missed this -- one of the few photos I've taken of her that have me saying, "My work here is done."

* * *

Lessons Learned or Affirmed:

  • Sometimes you just need to click now, and view later. This doesn't always work, but sometimes you risk losing the moment if you stop to view or readjust. 

No comments:

Post a Comment