30 May 2012

Things I want to remember

hands

About This Photo
Aperture: f/7.1
Exposure: 1/60
Focal Length: 50mm
ISO: 100
Lens: 50mm f/1.4

I love her little hands and her long fingers. I love her luminous skin, the way it feels, and the way it smells. I love the way she grabs things right now, unrelenting, digging her fingers into bibs and burp rags, clutching teethers and toys.

There are a lot of technical reasons I chose this photo -- the colors are amazing, the lighting is perfect, the composition works. Those are all things that you want in any photograph.

But mostly, I choose it because I don't ever want to forget this.

* * *

Lessons Learned or Affirmed:

  • Take pictures of anything and everything you care about. Sometimes just walking around with the camera is a great way to learn what strikes your fancy. 
  • Don't be afraid to make something  you wouldn't necessarily expect the subject of your photo. A baby clutching a bib? Yeah, why not!? God is in the details, as they say.

No comments:

Post a Comment