12 May 2012

keeping it real

processed_wm_kirsten_051212_0069

About This Photo:
Aperture: f/1.4
Exposure: 1/60
Focal Length: 50mm
ISO: 320
Lens: 50mm f/1.4

Who says that pictures of everyday, common (and maybe even a little bit messy) things can't be celebrated with a photo?

I don't know about you, but I don't have a staff of people to cook nutritious food for me and my family, who will keep my kitchen as spotless as I like it, who wash and fold and put away my underwear, or who will wax my eyebrows, for that matter.

A lot of the time, this is just what life looks like.

In honor of mother's day, I show you this moment, a slice of my real life: the laundry is unending, the drool is prolific, and the fatigue so profound that some days I have to stop and think about what my name is.

Unglamorous, maybe. But still beautiful all the same.


* * *


Lessons Learned or Affirmed:
  • Don't wait for something to look or feel special to take the picture. Grab the moment right in front of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment