08 June 2012

What tired looks like (self-portrait)

processed_wm_kirsten_060812_0002



About This Photo
Aperture: f/1.4
Exposure: 1/50
Focal Length: 50mm
ISO: 800
Lens: 50mm f/1.4

So, so tired these days. Sometimes I get to the end of the day and realize I haven't even thought of picking up the camera. Most of the time, the munchkin is more than happy to get her picture taken. But in these teething days, she needs to be held and kissed and loved more than she needs another adorable picture of herself.

And so I, realizing at the end of the day that I have yet to turn my camera on for anything, find myself the only willing subject. Or maybe it has to do with convenience.

* * *

Lessons Learned or Affirmed:

  • You may have noticed that my lips don't come together on the right side of my mouth. It's been that way for as long as I can remember. I used to press my lips together deliberately to avoid looking like this. My husband says he likes it -- it's unique. Once upon a time, I would have "corrected" this in post-processing. But now, what you see is what you get. Honesty.
  • I think doing just part of a face adds an air of mystery. You question what isn't there, but it's also the case that your focus is more directed. It's not just about what you don't see, but what you're asked to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment