01 June 2012

Green!

raining outside



About This Photo
Aperture: f/2.8
Exposure: 1/40
Focal Length: 200mm
ISO: 100
Lens: 70-200mm f/2.8 IS

Water droplets are among my favorite things in the world to photograph. What in the world is it that makes them so endlessly fascinating? Every time it rains, it's like they're little jewels making everything they touch glitter.

When I processed this one, I sharpened the heck out of it. I figured I could afford to since the ISO was set nice and low and the aperture was open wide as it could be -- I wasn't really afraid of it getting too grainy-looking. Then I enhanced the greens. And that's pretty much it.

* * *

Lessons Learned or Affirmed:

  • A photo need not have anything especially complex about it to be beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment