24 May 2012

Self-portrait

self-portrait

About This Photo:
Aperture: f/1.4
Exposure: 1/50
Focal Length: 50mm
ISO: 400
Lens: 50mm f/1.4

It was at the end of a long day -- a really long day. And I hadn't taken one single photo. Not a one -- not even with my phone. So this is what I did -- I took a picture of my reflection in the kitchen window, not noticing at first that there was another reflection in another window directly across from the one in my kitchen.

No trickery here. What you see is what you get!

* * *

Lessons Learned or Affirmed:

  • Self-portraits in the mirror or window can be overdone (or maybe that's just me -- once upon a time, I did them waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much), but with fresh elements (like say, a reflection inside a reflection) they can become not so prosaic.
  • When committing to a photo-a-day project, don't wait until 11 pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment