27 May 2012

Nom, nom, nom, nom ...

processed_wm_kirsten_052712_0027

About This Photo:
Aperture: f/1.4
Exposure: 1/50
Focal Length: 50mm
ISO: 1000
Lens: 50mm f/1.4

If I could change one thing about this photo, it would be to have a slightly narrower aperture -- maybe f/2.5 or 2.8. But if there's one thing I've learned about babies, it's that they move at their own speed. They don't respond to "Do it again!" or "Hold that pose!" as well as I'd like.

I could have adjusted the aperture and then adjusted the shutter speed and/or ISO to compensate, but then we probably wouldn't have had this photo -- the moment would have been gone. And you know that I had to get one of her nibbling on her toes, right? We have to have something to show that future boyfriend. :o)

* * *

Lessons Learned or Affirmed:

  • Especially when you have an aperture open as wide as f/1.4, it's important to be sure your focal points are set where you need them. Because she was moving more quickly than I could adjust my settings or my positioning, a lot of potentially good photos came out too blurry to be good. Having m focus points set made this one a winner.

No comments:

Post a Comment